JUCY Car Rental and Campervan Hire Terms and Conditions
- JUCY Car & Campervan Terms and Conditions
- JUCY Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- Standard JUCY Competition Terms and conditions
- JUCY Ski4Free Terms and Condititions 2013
- Social Cabana Terms and Conditions
- Social Media Promotional Codes Terms and Conditions
- JUCY Rentals Privacy Statement
JUCY Rentals Standard Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (" Rules") and apply to competitions included on the www.jucy.co.nz website or any of our other websites (" Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the www.jucy.co.nz web page posting for such Competition (" the Competition Notice") and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. JUCY Group New Zealand Limited (“JUCY”) reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of JUCY shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. Employees of JUCY or any company involved in the Competition or any advertising agency or web company connected with JUCY or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. JUCY reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
6. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition is a car or includes travel outside New Zealand and/or car hire.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
8. JUCY reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, JUCY in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified (unless this is a photo competition, where more than one entry is acceptable but only one entry can win). Where a winner has been selected and JUCY discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, JUCY reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. JUCY cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
13. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, JUCY does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
14. You must answer all questions on the Competition form to be eligible.
15. Competition participants (" Competitors") must be 18 years of age or more.
16. The Competitors biographical details and names and photographs and audio-visual recordings of the Competitors may be used for publicity purposes in all media by JUCY and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose.
17. All photos / video / media submitted to JUCY becomes intilectual property of JUCY to be used in this and any further advertising / promotions.
18. Competitors agree that they will, if requested by JUCY, appear in a “trailer” or other advertisement designed to promote the company.
19. Where the prize is a trip, Competitors agree that the winner will make themselves available on request for promotional photographs and video and that JUCY may transmit and authorise the transmission of the edited recording, together with their photographs and biographical material, for any purpose and by any means throughout the world in perpetuity.
20. Where the prize is a trip, the prize does not include the cost of passports, airfares, visas, medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport or port taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. All components of the prize must be taken together.
21. It is a condition of accepting a travel prize that the winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel/rental branch to cover all incidentals which may be incurred.
22. JUCY reserves the right to conduct security verification checks in relation to the prize winner at its absolute discretion. The prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming eligibility to accept the prize.
23. The prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of the prize.
24. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 30 days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
25. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within 30 days of JUCY contacting the winner. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
26. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. JUCY reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal, greater or less value at any time.
27. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades, petrol etc) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
28. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of JUCY which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, JUCY reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
29. By entering JUCY's online competitions you accept the following:-
- A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant
- Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook
- Disclosure that the participant is providing information to JUCY and not to facebook
30. All promotions are no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to JUCY and not to Facebook. This information will only be used to send subscribers updates from JUCY.
31. To the full extent permitted by law, JUCY will not be liable to the winner in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the competition.
32. JUCY respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
33. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
Social Cabana Terms and Conditions
• Standard JUCY Termsand conditions apply.
• If for any reason due to unforeseen circumstances the Social Cabana should not be available for the dates that have been confirmed JUCY is not required to provide you with another vehicle. There is only one social cabana. Heaven forbid anything should happen to the vehicle it is not available for your hire we will contact you with as much notice as possible.
• Should the above occur we are not required to guarantee your trip at another date, however we will do our best to reschedule your adventure based on availability.
• If for any reason one of the extra items such as the iPad or the camera has been lost, misplaced or damage by a previous hirer please be aware that these items may not be available for your hire and may not be replaced.
• The WiFi that the vehicle has installed works depending on the coverage that the provider we use has in the area. If it is not working we apologise, but it is not something we can guarantee at all times due to reception and the provider we use. No compensation would be given if you can’t use WiFi at any point during your hire.
• You cannot extend your hire in the Social Cabana. Its a free vehicle, so in high demand and therefore if you don’t bring me back on time then the next persons plans may be ruined.
• You are aware that we will be using all of the photos and videos you take and will be using them on our social sites such as (but not limited to) facebook, twitter, our JUCY Blog, flickr and YouTube. JUCY will have all rights to the photos and can use them in all JUCY advertising and promotions.
• You’re free rental includes our full stress-free insurance, however you will be required to leave a credit card number as security to ensure that you return the vehicle on time and you adhere to the standard JUCY Terms and conditions.
• All extra items specified in the Social Cabana Contract must be kept in the safe while the vehicle is unattended. If its broken into and the items are not in the safe – there is no insurance cover and you will be liable for their value.
• When you pick me up for your date you will be required to sign our standard JUCY Rental Agreement along with a specific contract for the vehicle - Coco, the Social Cabana which specifies the values of the extra items and also that you promise to have fun with me.
• You will be required to have LOADS of fun, take HEAPS of pictures (even videos if you feel like it) and write a little thank you message at the end of your trip which we will load onto our “Adventures of Coco Blog”.
Social Media promotional codes
- Promotional codes are not valid in conjunction with any other rate discounts
- One promotional code valid per booking
- Promotional codes must be used at time of booking & cannot be applied once a booking has been made and confirmed
- All bookings must be made online via jucy.co.nz or jucy.com.au or jucyelcheapo.co.nz or jucyrentals.de
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner ( http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
JUCY Rentals operates a number of websites including www.jucy.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1.Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
2.Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
1.The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
2.The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
3.Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
4.Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites.
To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1.To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2.To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3.To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4.To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5.For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6.For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
1. Track traffic patterns to our site.
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at JUCY Rentals by phone (0800 399 736) or by email. Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of Ryan Judd, Online Marketing Manager at The Jucy Rentals, P O Box 68199, Newton, Auckland, New Zealand.
Pricing and Calculation Errors
Jucy does not accept liability for any rate miscalculations as a result of system error and the hirer is required to pay any differences incurred. Errors made by human oversight will be managed on a case by case basis.