After a long day of adventure and a cosy night in your JUCY vehicle these are the perfect breakfast to accompany you whether you're overlooking Lake Wanaka or watching the sunrise on Te Ahumairangi Hill. JUCY vehicles make cooking super easy, so as you make you way around New Zealand you can try your hand at all the recipes we have on our blog!
What you'll need:
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pancake mix (you can buy this from a local corner shop or supermarket!)
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1. In a melt half of the butter (1/4 cup) over a low heat. When melted, add the cream cheese and mix until smooth
2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the pan and stir. (Hint: Your glaze may harden slightly during the rest of the prep time, to melt simply stir over a low heat until desired consistency is reached)
3. Next, we need to make the cinnamon mix! Melt the other half of the butter in a pan and in a bowl mix the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop into an icing bag. (Hint: If you don't have an icing bag, scoop into a zip lock bag and snip a small corner off)
4. In a medium bowl combine the pancake mix (easiest pancake option when travelling!), milk, egg and oil. Stir until smooth.
5. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and pour in a 1/3 cup of batter
6. Swirl or squiggle the cinnamon butter mix on the uncooked batter and cook as normal
7. Once you've cooked up a stack, drizzle your cream cheese glaze over them and enjoy!